oday is the Victory day’s 65th Anniversary. It’s one of the biggest holidays for all Russians (and former Soviet Union citizens). More than 26 million people died in Great Patriotic War 1941-45, fighting against Nazi Germany. There is no family which hasn’t lost a family member, close relative, a husband, father, wife. Today I went to the parade commemorated to this day. I find these people, veterans, men and women, who survived the horrors of the war, wearing their medals, holding red carnations, very touching . Most of them who are still alive nowadays went through it being very young – we can hardly imagine what it’s been like – thanks to them. Wish them long-long life, and they will never be forgotten.

This Lady (shame on me that I didn't wright down her name) came to front when she was 16 years old, she was just 20 in may 1945...




No comments:
Post a Comment